My computer found its way [expensively] back to Ecuador! And just in time for my big 2-3. Happy birthday to me! I can’t believe I’ve already been at my site for over two months now. I get to move into my own place at the end of the month. We are fixing it up and painting it until then. I am also the proud owner of my first very own bed and mattress! Exciting times. I visited some friends in Puyo recently to learn about website development so I hope to have at least something up and running for the Fundacion soon. Having my computer here will also help with the brochure designing, among other marketing activities. The kids and I still have English classes, work in our garden and bathe in the river together. I have to start doing my interviews with community members soon. My house is right outside of Archidona but I will be doing my interviews with a small Kichwa community up the road and seeing if there’s a project I can start there. The Tena cluster had an incredibly fun and incredibly American Fourth of July party on Saturday, complete with hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, deviled eggs, watermelon, beer, and an American flag cake. Thanks to Mom’s cheesy decorations, we also had American flag clothing, flags, plates, napkins and necklaces. It was a tough decision between wearing something patriotic or wearing my 2009 Fun Fest tank top! If anyone is reading this and thinks to themselves “Man, I bet Sarah might enjoy a package with some Luisianne tea bags and some good coffee!” don’t be afraid to go ahead and go to the post office. :) As always, thanks for reading and come visit the Amazon. Miss and love you all! (photos: Tena cluster Omnibus 101 on the fourth, Mama Teresa drinking guayusa, the tourist complex of cavernas jumandy beside where i currently live, the girls of Tena cluster on the fourth, and my new house!)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I forgot John had a mullett that day. Great pics.
Post a Comment